Hello Guest

Author Topic: GameLinBox: Linux for Gamebox Console.  (Read 2584 times)

jepalza

• View Profile
    • I'm console and computer collector.
GameLinBox: Linux for Gamebox Console.
« on: June 18, 2012, 01:03:43 pm »
Gamebox Console, is a cheaper Chinesse Console (Or Japaness?) with Ingenic JZ4755 SOC and MINIOS how OS.
But, it's very simple for users. Not depurated, slow, and without support.

Me, about one year ago, did buy one unit for test purpouses. In only two days, did make an error and delete original firm. My GB goes dead. :-(
From that day, my goal was to make Linux for it. In the last months (from January-2012), did make my first version of Linux for it. It's called "GameLinBox", and is a good conversion from Dingux port, with same FrontEnd, andd compatible about 90% with Dingoo (Dingux) games.
It's a second beta, with knowing faults, for example, "Button C" is not mapped yet, and Video Output is not scaled to Full Screen, but it's running well.

You can see it, in a Spanish Forum (sorry for it, but, i'm Spanish, and for me, write in English is very, very difficult, very slowly) --> http://www.zonadepruebas.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=14630&forum=10

One day, if has any time, will try to traslate it by the moment, use "Google Traslate", please.

In this forum, you can download Beta2 Version, and instructions (in Spanish) for install it

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: GameLinBox: Linux for Gamebox Console.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 01:38:49 pm »
Thanks  8)

neslou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 12:16:14 am »
thanks jepalza for all the job you do!
I just begin to start discover but i will learn a lot here I think!
Sorry for my bad English (I'm French) but I don't speak spanish at all so I will try to decrypt.
If you want I will write tuto here from the beginning (because i am a beginner  8)) but in english in order to see i understand?
What do yo think jepalza ? and aslo the admin could help me if i make some mistake?
So, in order to start, i just need to know what are all the elements needed ?
I will do some picture with the elements and then after that begin trying to install GameLinBox.
Best rgards.
Neslou.

jepalza

• View Profile
    • I'm console and computer collector.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:17:26 pm »
Make a tuto? Maybe is not necessary, only two steps in order to install it: open gamebox, short in pins for "debug mode", put USB cable (detect drivers from ingenic) and run install from GameLinBox....

Is very simple. Maybe, in the future, did it with pictures, but a at this moment, GameLinBox is Beta (and only for Green version, not Red version) and not so many people interested in it. Only two friend are probed it in the last 3 months, and it is very poor for make another good version.

neslou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 02:18:22 am »
 Hi all,;D
Thank's for your replys jepalza..
For sure, it seems very easy for you.. but for me, as I am still learning the fantastic world of embedded os.. it is not so obvious.
So, I will try to resume :
First step, open my gamebox and short in pins for "debug mode" => I understand that i have to localize some holes on the board and to solder something ? is it what it means?
==> Have you got any link or information for this aspect?

Second step, install from GameLinBox...
==> Not sure to have complety understand if the setup is running from source localized on a another computer and the gamebox begin a hard drive???

Sorry my newbies' questions but i really want to modify my gamebox.

Also a another question : what do you mean by Green Version as opposite to red?

Thank's in advance.

Neslou.